Welcome to The Carbon Monoxide and Gas Safety Society website
Our new website has just been launched! This was late July early August 2015. If you have any questions, Stephanie Trotter can be contacted on email@example.com or on 07803 088688. Stephanie will be updating the website gradually over the next few weeks or months.
Thank you to all the friends and family of a girl who died of carbon monoxide poisoning and in whose memory we walked Pen-Y-Fan on Saturday 4th October 2014. Following Gas Safety Week September 2014, Stephanie Trotter, OBE, President and Director of CO-Gas Safety participated in a charity mountain climb. Read more...
Our Latest News
- Substantial donation August 25, 2015
- How victims of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning can find information to help them August 18, 2015
- Carbon monoxide poisoning August 18, 2015
- Gas Safe Register’s Gas Safety Week 14th to 20th September 2015 August 16, 2015
- Hurrah! At last! Gas Industry Unsafe Situations Procedure July 22, 2015
- Comments from a victim who survived. July 17, 2015
- Films about CO by Students of Kingston University. July 17, 2015
- See what happens when Toby and Pip go on holiday to the Isle of Wight July 17, 2015
- Unable to repair your gas boiler or gas cooker? July 17, 2015
- Gas Safety Week July 16, 2015
- Two deaths from carbon monoxide on fishing boat. July 16, 2015
- Lovely card from our Winner of the South 2013-14 Chihiro Megumi July 10, 2015
- I thought I had early dementia but for three years I was poisoned by carbon monoxide June 22, 2015
- Travel Industry comments greeted with interest; Consumer Groups call for pan-European Law on Hotel Safety May 26, 2015
Please Donate or Volunteer to help us
1. Really easy through Virgin Money Giving.
Please go to click here or just put Virgin Money Giving into Google and then scroll to the right under 'Make a Donation' and under that 'Donate to a charity' and put the charity name, CO-Gas Safety in the box to get to our page.
Thank you very much indeed.
Please note that we receive no government funding whatsoever now (last amount of about £2,000 was April 2013).
Any sums, however small would be very welcome.
The only industry funding we receive is from the gas emergency service providers who support our schools poster competition and also from Kane International. We have no secure funding for the collection, collation or publication of our data, surely very basic work that needs to be done to understand where the problems are. Nor do we have any secure funding to support victims and their families. We did receive a substantial donation in June 2015 although we had to agree not to reveal the amount or the donor. However the amount of the donation will be in our accounts 2014-15 which will be published in due course.
'CO-Gas Safety is an independent registered charity run almost entirely by volunteers.
Company Number 3084435 | Charity Number 104370
In the past we have been lucky enough to have received grants from the Department of Health but due to the cut backs, now have no government funding at all. Department of Health funding will only be granted to new projects and we consider that raising awareness of the dangers of CO and also data collection, collation and publication are far too important to stop doing. Some data is collected by industry but we consider the contribution made by a victim group is vital.
We need funding to continue collecting data on deaths and injuries, which you can see in our press pack see here which includes 18 years of our data (from 1995 - 2013).
Our data is almost certainly the best data on CO deaths and injuries in the UK and has been used by Government see http://www.communities.gov.uk/documents/planningandbuilding/pdf/1324663. We are shocked that our data is better than Government's (HSE basically only collects gas related CO deaths and in the past hasn't checked with Coroners although we have been told in November 2014 that HSE does now check) and other bodies (such as the well funded Gas Safe Charity and Gas Safety Trust). We try to check most deaths with Coroners and we have built up a good relationship with them as we have been doing this since 1995. We also check with other bodies, such as the Solid Fuel Association, which has always been extremely helpful to us.
We also need funding to continue to answer the telephone and give advice to survivors and families of the bereaved.
Please feel free to send us a donation.
Our bank details are:-
Sort Code: 20-90-56
Account number: 70849286
Account name: CO-Gas Safety Society
Or if you prefer, you could send us a cheque made out to "CO-Gas Safety"
Priory Cottage South
Isle of White
Thank you very much indeed.
Stephanie Trotter, OBE, President & Director of CO-Gas Safety.
3. PLEASE VOLUNTEER TO HELP US
We always welcome contact from anyone who can help us in any way. We particularly welcome registered gas installers, but any help is very welcome. Tel. Stephanie Trotter on 07803 088688 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.